Sounds good, see one response below.

> http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/33843/diff/1/3#oldcode174
> Line 174: return unescaped;
> Strange indeed.  I have done some digging, and it looks like this method
> was never called.  It comes in in revision 4221 along with the initial
> committed version of the SOYC dashboard, and it isn't called in that
> revision.  If it were called, then the issue Dan brings up I agree looks
> likely to be a problem.  There would be extra '\\' characters in the
> output.  Additionally, I think the "&" unescape should come last, just
> like it it comes first when escaping.
>
> Shall I go ahead and remove it in this patch?  We can add it back later
> if we need, but no specific problem has been identified as yet.

Yes, I'd definitely support removing it. AFAIR, escaping/unescaping
had the following reasoning:  when producing the original output files
during the compile, you want to match the exact output that goes to
file.  Then in the dashboard, I remember escaping characters in some
cases that otherwise wouldn't display properly, or in cases where the
byte count  would be messed up.  However, it turns out this probably
was not even ever a problem, which would explain why the method wasn't
called.