Hi Ahmed,

Welcome to gwt-contrib. It will be wonderful to have all non-layout Gwt
tests working with HtmlUnit 2.7, the next release of HtmlUnit. Thanks for
undertaking this task.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 4:38 AM, Ahmed Ashour <asash...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Dear all,
>
> Hope you are fine.
>
> I am one of HtmlUnit committers, and would like to help as much as possible
> to fix all broken tests of HtmlUnit.
>
> To achieve that, a standalone web application is needed so the root cause
> can be identified, and a tiny JavaScript example is added to HtmlUnit test
> suites. Sample 'ideal' test cases for GWT issues can be seen in [1]. The
> usual scenario for GWT tests is to copy&paste them to 'Hello' example,
> compile it with '-style PRETTY', and then investigate the difference between
> HtmlUnit and real browsers.
>
> I have the following concerns:
>     1- On using '-manual' flag in Windows XP: nothing happens, and this
> prevents checking some tests which are intermingled with GWT SVN.
>         Steps to reproduce:
>               - Apply the attached 'patch.patch'
>               - Run "ant dist -dgwt.svnrev=tr...@6500"
>               - In 'user' folder, run "ant test.web
> -dgwt.svnrev=tr...@6500 -Dgwt.junit.testcase.includes='**/*UISuite*'"
>               - Attached are the logs of execution, as well as using '-v'
> parameter
>

>From the ant output, it seems that nothing matches the pattern. Or else, the
output should have a line like
[junit] Running com.google.gwt.user.UISuite

Either try changing the ant pattern to
-Dgwt.junit.testcase.includes='**\*UISuite*' (A '\' instead of a '/') or
just drop the pattern altogether to see if something works. I haven't tried
the manual mode on windows yet, but I see no reason why it should not work.

>     2- It seems that @DoNotRunWith is like JUnit '@Ignore' <%...@ignore%27>,
> in which the test case is not evaluated at all. What about running those
> tests, and if it succeeds, then produce an error that 'method x is marked as
> @DoNotRunWith, but actually succeeds'. This will make it easy to detect
> fixed issues once changes is done on that particular Platform.

Your suggestion seems great. Please file an issue at
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/list and assign it to me.
I will take a look at it.

Regards,
Amit