On 16 déc, 21:06, Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16 déc, 18:01, Bruce Johnson <br...@google.com> wrote:
>
> > Working on a draft one.
>
> > What do folks here think is important?
>
>  - remove listeners (wasn't this targeted to 2.0 ?)
>  - "port" all widgets to c.g.g.dom.client.Element and deprecate both
> c.g.g.user.client.Element and c.g.g.user.client.DOM (eventually
> enhancing c.g.g.d.c.Element with, e.g. insertChild(Element,int))
>  - further optimize code, both what the compiler produces (I'm told
> this is being worked on while we talk) and the client code (widgets
> and JRE)

Hmm, I'd add (with high priority) further rework and improvements of
events:
 - to make it easier/possible to add support for other DOM events in
third-party libs (see issue 2562, focusIn/focusOut would be cool too,
see issue 1431), by moving the sinking into the DomEvent itself (at
least decoupling it from the bit-mask used in Widget::sinkEvents)
 - to finally have a *good* handling of keyboard/text input events
(already improved in 1.6, many nits left, see suggestions given on the
issue tracker)
 - to eventually allow adding handlers in "capture" mode (you know,
the last parameter in W3C DOM's addEventListener)