On Feb 1, 9:33 pm, John Tamplin <j...@google.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Isn't translatable code generally going into /trunk/user/super, and
> > the subpackage being called "translatable" rather than "super"?
>
> Those are JRE and infrastructure super-source -- this is more user-level
> code.

Oh, OK.

> Also, if you put them under user/super, you couldn't have a separate
> module to import to pull it in, and RegExp would essentially be part of
> Core.

I don't understand how user/src/com/google/gwt/regexp/super is any
different from user/super/com/google/gwt/regexp/translatable, it's
just a matter of including user/super in the classpath (which it
already is).

> > But actually I'm concerned that this hasn't been discussed at all on
> > the list, ...
>
> This is code that was being used internally getting migrated to GWT itself.
>  Most Googlers are used to working with internal tools and lists/waves, but
> certainly we need to do a better job keeping the discussion in the open.

Understood.

> ...and particularly that RegExp isn't a JSO so you cannot use
>
> > the more performant JS literal notation to initialize a RegExp:
> >   public native RegExp myRegExp() /*-{ return /foo.*bar/gi; }-*/;
>
> It is a JSO (see regexp/super/...) in the JS implementaiton, so you can do
> exactly that.

but it'll fail in DevMode, right?

> It is a pure Java version in the devmode and server
> implementations so you can use RegExp in shared code.

I missed the fact that it could be used on the server too.

And as far as Google Wave is concerned (and yeah it's great tool!), I
cannot find any wave shared with the group ;-)
https://wave.google.com/wave/#restored:search:group%253Agoogle-web-toolkit-contributors%2540googlegroups.com
(well, except the one I just shared (read-only though, for now))