On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 5:47 AM, Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't understand how user/src/com/google/gwt/regexp/super is any
> different from user/super/com/google/gwt/regexp/translatable, it's
> just a matter of including user/super in the classpath (which it
> already is).

One advantage is that "super" is illegal in any Java package name, so there
can't be collision between a super and non-super path.  Also, it is more
consistent with the super-source module tag.  Finally, it seems cleaner to
have all parts of a module under an isolated directory tree, rather than
split into user/src and user/super.

> > It is a JSO (see regexp/super/...) in the JS implementaiton, so you can
> do
> > exactly that.
>
> but it'll fail in DevMode, right?

No, it works fine in DevMode just like any other JSO, since JSNI methods get
run there.  It won't work in pure Java, so you can't use that in server or
shared code.

> And as far as Google Wave is concerned (and yeah it's great tool!), I
> cannot find any wave shared with the group ;-)
>
> https://wave.google.com/wave/#restored:search:group%253Agoogle-web-toolkit-contributors%2540googlegroups.com
> (well, except the one I just shared (read-only though, for now))

The problem is that right now the public wave and the internal one are two
separate instances.  Once the wave team has federated servers working, it
should be readily possible to do that.

--
John A. Tamplin
Software Engineer (GWT), Google