On 2010-03-17, at 1:15 PM, John Tamplin wrote:

> I called their tech support line and left a message to be passed on to their
> technical team, but the tech's solution was "you'll have to submit your code
> again every time it changes". He said he'd pass on the message, but wouldn't
> guarantee that anyone would contact me with anything more than "use the false
> positive form again".  Gah.
>
> Are you a customer or know someone who is?  If so, perhaps calling customer
> support with "I am going to stop using this because of bogus false positives"
> would get a better response.

Unfortunately not. I first heard about this company's anti-virus through some
of our users (who are basically anonymous commenters on our Chrome extension
page). I ran the heuristic tests against a trial version that I downloaded.

If anyone on this list is an Avira customer and wants to try contacting
tech-support to help add some pressure, their USA toll-free number is: +1 888
880 2925.

cc'd dflorey, t.broyer and fatompa as three people who mentioned these false
positives before and appear to be Avira customers (or know someone who is).

Matt.