http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1082801/diff/101001/102006
File user/src/com/google/gwt/canvas/dom/client/CanvasPixelArray.java
(right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/1082801/diff/101001/102006#newcode54
user/src/com/google/gwt/canvas/dom/client/CanvasPixelArray.java:54: *
Most browsers will clamp this value to the range 0...255 that is not
enforced here.