> Hm maybe our app isn't large enough (~150 KLOC and growing) but we
> found DevMode to work pretty well in Firefox. Reloading the app is a
> matter of seconds and if you restart FireFox from time to time you
> can workaround the current memory leak.

Agreed, that is how I use it now.

> For me it would be totally fine to have a plugin for FF15 and then
> for FF20 and the next for FF25 which would reduce your maintaining
> work. Same for Chrome.

I hold off on updating FF as well, but I believe a lot of users got
antsy about "oh noes! the latest FF isn't supported, GWT is deadz!"
before Brian got on top of the FF plugin process.

> So before you deprecate the current DevMode you should proof to
> everyone that you have something new that works equally well or
> better than the current DevMode.

This is a very good point. I have random assertions that "hey, it will
be awesome!" but that doesn't say much. I have a very (very) small
spike that I can go back and revisit, and hopefully soon share, but it
will take more help than just me.

Maybe we could get a provisional "*if* the prototype works well, then
maybe GWT 3.0 (whenever that is) drops DevMode".

> I was really impressed and if something like that would be possible
> with GWT..well..then GWT will be sexy again.

Totally agreed. I think that should be our goal--getting to GWT to the
point where it can integrate sexily with today's/tomorrow's web
developer tool chain (JS debuggers, etc.).

- Stephen