I'll parrot Ray as well as I can:

the gwt team doesn't really use maven so the current build will probably
proceed as is.  Mavenized sources should be in gerrit (marked as
review-only) because maven is not a bad thing, it's just not the gwt team's
thing.  Thomas Broyer is looking into Gradle and Buck migration.

Gradle is somehow closer to ant semantics so seems to offer more
modularization conveniences.</Ray>

the repo work done by this effort carries over to Gradle as far as i know.

this commit in this maven repo cdn project
https://code.google.com/p/gwt-maven-rewraps/source/detail?r=9fc5649f06a86ff1c08a84f6239ae98ae39f2326
has
the libs I pushed from GWT_TOOLS as maven repo format.

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 8:53 AM, Cristiano Costantini <
cristiano.costant...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok,
> thank you,
> I will check it as soon as I find some extra time (this afternoon I fear
> I'll end up fighting other issues all the time)
> I will try to give some useful feedback after that.
>
> Did you participated to the hangout this week?
>
> Do GWT 2.6.0 will be still released using Ant?
> Any update about the Gradle approach (is it going on?)
>
> thank you,
> Cristiano
>

>  --
> http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit-Contributors