A type error like might just be equivalent to a java NullPointerException.
Once the application is compiled to JavaScript instead of producing NPEs it
produces TypeErrors. If you run it with -style PRETTY it might give you a
hint where in the code the type error is ocurring and you might be able to
debug it in the browser...