On Friday, October 3, 2014 4:09:33 PM UTC+2, Manuel Carrasco Moñino wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 4:05 PM, confile <michael.gorsk...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Well, I need to override HistoryImpl to enable HTML5 pushstate api.
>>

> HistoryImpl is now a private class inside History, maybe we could discuss
> whether to change its visibility. Maybe @Daniel could help here.

When Daniel proposed the change, we decided it was OK to break
compatibility with, say, Johannes Barop's gwt-pushstate. The rationale was
that History was explicitly about using the "hash" part of the URL and if
you wanted something else, or a pluggable implementation, you should use
another API (Places are pluggable, and you could easily build another API
similar to History but that would operate differently, whether pluggable or
not).
AFAICT the whole discussion is in the review you linked to (or possibly
another one, as there had been several tries IIRC)