thanks alex,

I am workng on windows.
Now the problem is that all system.out.println statements written in
classes that extend remoteserviceservlet are not printed in the logs
i.e. stdout file.
Any system.out.println statements written in classes that do not
extend remoteserviceservlet are printed in the logs
So obviously errors occuring in the  classes that extend
remoteserviceservlet are not printed too.
Now I dont know what could be the reason.
If someone could enlighten me as to why this happens I would be
greatful.

regards,
cherian