Since creating a usable server side configuration in the embedded
servlet container is all but impossible for anything but the simplest
projects, I think that the choice of embedded server is a non-issue.

Since complicated configurations aren't really something you want to
address in the embedded server, my vote would be for the simplest,
fastest implementation that supports the simple case uses.

So, if Jetty starts faster and is lighter weight, then great, use it.

-jason