I agree with you Arthur on the point that I wish we could use 100% GWT
but the GWT Widget set is lacking in richness.

I really wish this will be addresses.

Examples
Tab panel functionality
Sortable Grid/Table
Grouping Grid/Table
Calendar data fields
Popup dialogs with configurable top right buttons

I agree all these widgets can be done with some work and using the
core GWT code.  But what makes me sad is no one has done it and
published it.  Plus, in my work and I believe most people's work place
there is no time to reinvent the wheel.  I'm not going to get my
supervisor to approve time to develop a sortable table.

Also I've studied the incubator widgets and found them also do be
lacking to GWT-EXT and EXT-GWT.

I've recently requested a sponsor in the incubator project to see if I
can help GWT move toward a richer widget set goal.  I hope I'll be
able to help.