Hi there!

I'm new to GWT and think it's great. Please keep in mind the below is
intended in a far more humble and grateful tone than I can represent
in English:

We're doing a pilot with GWT, hoping to create a "static" (client
only) application that uses an existing REST-like JSON service
implemented with Jersey.
The initial implementation uses RequestBuilder, eval, and a dumb overlay type.
JSONParser would be an alternative, producing JSONArray.

What I'd prefer instead is reuse of my existing (JAXB annotated) Java
class from the server side in GWT client code.

This is of course not an issue in the pilot project itself, but will
get uncomfortable in larger projects.
It also negates what we expected to be one of the main advantages of
implementing the web service and the client application in the same
language: code reuse.

Does any of the existing GWT JSON libraries support this?
This is the closest I have found, but it looks abandoned:
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-jsonizer/

Or is there a more server-side friendly alternative to
JavaScriptObject for overlay types? (JAXB and JPA frown upon the
protected constructor)
I guess not, so can we have one? :-)
I assume a lot of thought went into the current overlay type design,
but server side code reuse does not seem to have been a design goal,
and might require an alternative binding method.

Any advice appreciated:

Gabor Szokoli