On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 9:08 PM, Shawn Pearce <s...@google.com> wrote:
> You might want to look at my still-under-development gwtjsonrpc:
>

> http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=tools/gwtjsonrpc.git;a=blob;f=README;hb=HEAD

Wow.
Looks impressive!
Thank you!

> I think it mostly does what you are looking for,

It does a lot more (I'd prefer to leave the server side to Jersey and
I'll make a RESTful service instead of RPC), but from what I
understand, your RemoteJsonServiceProxyGenerator seems to do what I
want.

Let me learn about GWT generators before I can comprehend it :-)

>  but it doesn't pay any
> attention to JAXB annotations.

That's probably OK for me, my entities are quite simple, mapped
without extra annotations. I might have to add support for the
@XmlTransient later at most.

Sounds like a good general purpose project for bored GWT pros though:
"JSO generator from JAXB for JSON"

(Or am I trying to do something unreasonable here? I mean how come I'm
the first to complain about this?)

Gabor Szokoli

Ps: Generators... This new learning amazes me. Next thing we know GWT
will be employed to prevent earthquakes.