On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 17:19, Gabor Szokoli <szoc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 9:08 PM, Shawn Pearce <s...@google.com> wrote:
> > You might want to look at my still-under-development gwtjsonrpc:
> >

> http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=tools/gwtjsonrpc.git;a=blob;f=README;hb=HEAD
> > I think it mostly does what you are looking for,
>
> It does a lot more (I'd prefer to leave the server side to Jersey and
> I'll make a RESTful service instead of RPC), but from what I
> understand, your RemoteJsonServiceProxyGenerator seems to do what I
> want.

Right.  My reason for offering it as an example was you can use the client
by itself, without touching the server at all.  Its meant to permit
implementation of the GWT server side in any system that has the ability to
create JSON text, which is anything that can create text.  :)

You just need to have the Java objects the client side is using have
property names which match up with the property names appearing in the JSON
data - but that's probably exactly what you would want to do if you were
interfacing with an existing JSON service, or were developing one from
scratch.

Let me learn about GWT generators before I can comprehend it :-)

You shouldn't need to know alot to use it.  Run "make", copy gwtjsonrpc.jar
into your CLASSPATH and inherit the module.  GWT's compiler automatically
calls RemoteJsonProxyGenerator when you declare an interface extending
RemoteJsonService and create an instance of it with GWT.create().