Hi everyone,

We are using GWT at http://www.skydoor.net, one of largest travel
websites in Vietnam. This website also integrate other Google APIs
include: Maps, Earth, Youtube.

Our experience about GWT is that it is really a nice technology.
However, the local adoption is not as what we expected. Some complain
are about
- The loading time is quite slow, though we have used Gzip (file size
is 1MB, we used Tomcat Gzip to compress => ~250KB)
- The content can't be indexed by search engine
- Users still familiar with web pages, not web application

To solve these problems, we have created one more simple version
beside the GWT apps (fast, search engine friendly, familiar with most
users). You can take a look at http://www.skydoor.net/place/Viet_Nam

The most interesting feature we are looking for is that whether GWT
could have a smooth integration with AppEngine. Because this will
definitely reduce our time for not taking our own Tomcat + MySQL
server anymore.

Thanks and regards,
Ngon