Hi Sunit

The GWT team tries very hard to not introduce breaking changes to the
API, but in some cases it is necessary for progress.

Sometimes changes that are made (That aren't breaking changes to the
core GWT api) unintentionally effect third party libraries,
particularly ones that are wrappers, or that perform funky JSNI magic.

In either case, if an upgraded GWT causes problems with a third party
library, you are at the mercy of that library's authors to update
their code ... if it is an open source library, you are in a similar
boat as with your own code, you can fix it, and submit a patch. but at
that point, you have a forked copy pending acceptance of your patch.

This is a caveat with any 3rd party lib for any platform, not unique
to GWT. So my statement isn't indicating that you shouldn't make use
of 3rd party libs, just that you might need to wait a bit before
upgrading when new releases come out.

As for new widgets being added to GWT itself, Have a look at the GWT-
Incubator. That is sort of a development space where proposed GWT
widgets mature before inclusion in GWT proper. It is also a space
where outsiders (non-Google employees) have a little more leeway in
directing the course of new widgets, so if there is something specific
you are looking for that would add value to the community in general,
you can make your proposal, and submit code to Incubator, I'm sure it
would be appreciated.

-jason