I am still trying to get code server running for our application that I am
porting from GWT 2.7 to GWT 2.10.

I am currently stuck with an error in a commercial GWT widget library that our
project uses (GXT v4.0.2). The code generated by that library contains a bug:
it contains a GWT.create(…)-call where the argument is an interface and not a
class.

What’s most annoying is that the offending piece of code that is generated by
that library is in a private method that is never called. So it’s a completely
useless piece of code but it stall the GWT compilation of that class!  ☹

Strange enough the GWT 2.7 compilation seems to have ignored this error – the
code that calls the GXT library is from 2015(!) and has worked OK so far.

With GWT 2.10 the “normal” compilation (with failOnError=false) also works and
I can deploy and run that code.

But when I try to execute the application in development mode on a local Tomcat
then the compilation that is triggered in code server by the first UI request
yields this:

…

[INFO] The code server is ready at  <http://127.0.0.1:9876/>
http://127.0.0.1:9876/

[INFO] GET /recompile/ZHStRegisterJPWeb

[INFO]    Job ch.zh.ksta.zhstregisterjp.ZHStRegisterJPWeb_1_0

[INFO]       starting job: ch.zh.ksta.zhstregisterjp.ZHStRegisterJPWeb_1_0

[INFO]       binding: gxt.device=desktop

[INFO]       binding: gxt.user.agent=chrome

[INFO]       binding: user.agent.os=windows

[INFO]       Compiling module ch.zh.ksta.zhstregisterjp.ZHStRegisterJPWeb

[INFO]          Ignored 6 units with compilation errors in first pass.

[INFO] Compile with -strict or with -logLevel set to TRACE or DEBUG to see all
errors.

[INFO]          [ERROR] Errors in
'gen/ch/zh/ksta/zhstregisterjp/client/company/view/FristrerstreckungEditor_FristrerstreckungUiBinderImpl.java'

[INFO]             [ERROR] Line 141: Rebind result
'com.sencha.gxt.data.shared.LabelProvider' must be a class

[INFO]          Unification traversed 168367 fields and methods and 13829
types. 13766 are considered part of the current module and 13766 had all of
their fields and methods traversed.

[INFO]       [ERROR] Compiler returned false

[INFO]       [WARN] recompile failed

[INFO]       [WARN] continuing to serve previous version

Is there *any* possibility to convince the code server to ignore that issue and
continue compiling and then serving the code?

I tried to contact the company producing this library. Apparently there exists
a newer version of that library and I wanted to know whether that would solve
our issue, but they did not respond so far.

I also found not location to download that newer .jar from. So my only option
seems to be to convince the GWT compilation to ignore that issue. Only: how?