As you might recall from earlier mails I am migrating a legacy application from
GWT 2.7 to 2.10.
We got everything compiling, packaging and starting up and we can now also
debug client-side using code server.

Now we are testing the application to see whether we encounter further
surprises and – of course – we did:

When running the application we see quite a number of these messages in our log:

…
2023-02-21 16:55:04,065 [ERROR] [S:775AF6CF00607D3ADFDD1C44F143B9B9] [U:nsw]
[T:http-nio-8080-exec-8] - [com.gwtplatform.mvp.client.ViewWithUiHandlers]
uiHandlers are not set.  Did you call getUiHandlers() from your view's
constructor?
2023-02-21 16:55:04,068 [ERROR] [S:775AF6CF00607D3ADFDD1C44F143B9B9] [U:nsw]
[T:http-nio-8080-exec-9] -
[com.gwtplatform.mvp.client.presenter.slots.LegacySlotConvertor] Warning:
You're using an untyped slot!
Untyped slots are dangerous! Please upgrade your slots using
the Arcbee's easy upgrade tool at
https://arcbees.github.io/gwtp-slot-upgrader
…

These seem to have to do with GWTP (due to the «com.gwtplatform…» and tghe
company name «arcbees» in the error message) but other than that it doesn’t
really give us much of a clue as of what the issue is and where in our code to
look. The tool-URL given in the error message «points to 404» so not much
wisdom there,either. ☹

Does someone have an idea what the issue here is? And is there some flag or
option to make this emit a bit more re. as to WHERE these «slots» are used (or
misused)?
We are using the latest available version of GWTP, i.e. v1.6.

We also encounter exceptions like that below on the client side – no idea
whether these have to do with the above or are a completely distinct issue:

…
[ch.zh.ksta.zhstregisterjp.client.base.ZHStRegisterJPBootstrapper]
java.lang.ClassCastException
    at Unknown.Throwable_3_g$(ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@8:305569
<mailto:ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@8:305569> )
    at Unknown.Exception_3_g$(ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@18:305838
<mailto:ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@18:305838> )
    at Unknown.RuntimeException_3_g$(ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@18:495939
<mailto:ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@18:495939> )
    at Unknown.new ClassCastException_2_g$(ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@25:642638
<mailto:ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@25:642638> )
    at Unknown.checkCriticalType_1_g$(ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@21:659164
<mailto:ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@21:659164> )
    at Unknown.checkType_1_g$(ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@5:659420
<mailto:ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@5:659420> )
    at Unknown.checkType_0_g$(ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@3:659413
<mailto:ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@3:659413> )
    at Unknown.castTo_0_g$(ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@3:646
<mailto:ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@3:646> )
    at Unknown.hasNoPendingActions_0_g$(ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@10:5831
<mailto:ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@10:5831> )
    at Unknown.execute_11_g$(ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@28:64804
<mailto:ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@28:64804> )
    at Unknown.$executeRepeating_0_g$(ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@47:519622
<mailto:ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@47:519622> )
    at Unknown.runScheduledTasks_0_g$(ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@13:519344
<mailto:ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@13:519344> )
    at Unknown.flushPostEventPumpCommands_0_g$(ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@5:519441
<mailto:ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@5:519441> )
    at Unknown.execute_65_g$(ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@24:519580
<mailto:ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@24:519580> )
    at Unknown.execute_64_g$(ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@19:519317
<mailto:ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@19:519317> )
    at Unknown.apply_103_g$(ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@28:519010
<mailto:ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@28:519010> )
    at Unknown.entry0_0_g$(ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@16:519066
<mailto:ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@16:519066> )
    at Unknown.anonymous(ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@14:519046
<mailto:ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@14:519046> )
    at Unknown.callback_0_g$(ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@46:519368
<mailto:ZHStRegisterJPWeb-0.js@46:519368> )

Since there is no line of our own code nor any for us recognizable identifier
here: any idea anyone what the issue could be here and/or any hint on how to
locate the origin of that error?