On Apr 6, 8:35 pm, mP <miroslav.poko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not always, this particular manifests itself for special keys like the
> cursor keys etc.

To be fair, according to the docs, KeyboardListener does guarantee
cursor movement keys.

> I believe quirksmode has a good table/chart which
> tables keycodes.

Thanks for the pointer. I had completely forgotten about quirksmode.

> Perhaps a good future enhancement might be for GWT to
> normalize the differences so developers can code without being aware
> if these quirks. Unfortunately while most of the time the codes are
> the same across all browsers there will of course in the spirit of
> browser coding be exceptions to the rule often enough to make you
> angry:).

Yeah, the particularly depressing quote:
     "When I discovered that I decided not to risk my sanity by
performing further punctuation character experiments."

Here's the problem I'm trying to solve.  While I like SuggestBox, I
don't like the idea that the user has to perform a treasure hunt. I'd
like to display a list of available suggestions on demand or display
the list in response to an OnFocus event or combining ListBox and
SuggestBox in a custom widget.

I've got a lot of work to do for this particular program. For now,
I'll stick with "?" as a debugging aid.