On Apr 7, 8:11 am, Isaac Truett <itru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> jchimene,
>
> The idea of a suggestBox.showDefaultSuggestions() has been tossed
> around. That would get you the initial list of suggestions that you're
> looking for. Unfortunately, this feature didn't make it into GWT 1.6
> and I don't think there's even an issue open to track it. But if
> you're interested, you can take a look at a "ComboBox" I've been
> playing with in my SimpleGWT project (link below). That might get you
> closer to what you want and some feedback might actually encourage me
> to put time into that library again. ;)
>
> http://code.google.com/p/simple-gwt/

I get the feeling that there are too many possibilities for a
showDefaultSuggestions() implementation. Also, SuggestBox may not be a
particularly popular widget.

Thanks, I'll take a look at the code.

I notice that simple-gwt is 1.6 based. I want to stay at 1.5 as long
as possible, as I just don't want the 1.5 -> 1.6 learning curve right
now. If I can work ComboBox into the current code, I'll let you know.

Cheers,
jec