A while back I was doing some performance tests and my recollection
was, for that application, in FF2, it was something like 10% slower in
PRETTY. This was with GWT 1.4. Not a lot, but just enough that I
decided not to performance test in PRETTY.

(The big performance impact in FF2 is if Firebug is completely
disabled or not. Firebug must be completely disabled (via Tools/
Addons) with a FF restart to get the real numbers (plus just about
everything looks like it has a memory leak with Firebug on))

John