Stefan,

It's a bit against the idea of GWT. GWT forces all code to be in one
compilation.

But I understand the requirement (I have exactly the same requirement).

What I currently do is load the GWT subapplications in an IFrame and I
communicate between the IFrame and main application through JSNI code.
It's not nice but it works.

Since 1.5 it should be possible to skip the IFrame part but then you
root application should instrument the sub applications where they are
allowed to render themselfs. The communication between the
applications still needs a roundtrip through JSNI. GWT obfuscates and
compresses the method names so you need to publish the API that you
want to use between them using JSNI.

You have to think about things like timing. These apps will launch
asynchronously so you can not just blindly start calling them.