On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Stefan<stefan.wach...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I started my struggle to launch sub applications. The first results
> using an iframe to load the sub applications look promising. Yet,
> until now, I did not manage to run it in the hosted browser. Do you
> know / think that it is possible at all?

Yes, sure it works in the hosted browser ... BUT ... I run the server
side in a different application server.
So I use -noserver flag to disable the build-in jetty.

This means that you need to have a compiled version on the server side
because the bootstrapping of GWT needs to be downloaded from your
server.

> When I try to start a sub application the hosted browser loads the
> iframe but complains that it can not find the requested module. It
> gives the hint that "all active GWT modules must be specified in the
> command line arguments". Unfortunately I did not find much material
> that documents the command line of the HostedMode.java class.

Check the classpath that it includes all sources of both the main
application and the subapplications or this will not work. I don't
know if you can make it work with the build in jetty server since you
will need to make sure that both web applications are actually
launched (I presume that this is the cause of your problem).

David