Yes, we have considered making it https only, but as it's ~600k
gzipped and some browsers don't cache SSL content we decided not to.
I'm very surprised no one else has run into this error as it's happen
quite a few times to us now.
If this were a "public" app many people behind university or corporate
firewalls would not be able to access it.