I know it's a firewall because if we type the *.cache.html url into
the browser it comes back with a document with a message from their
firewall claiming it's been blocked. The file scored very highly on
some metrics which their firewall uses. I am guessing it's because of
the large js because it was the same in pretty mode.

We have seen this at two separate sites (different countries too), but
with different builds of the software (we have different servers
depending on the country).

Regardless, if there is a problem I'd love to be able to check (e.g.
if the html downloaded by the nocache.js doesnt contain our script). I
think this is something gwt should do out of the box really - because
there are no errors thrown. Unfortunately the sites are private so I
can't share the links.