On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 3:20 AM, Joe Cole<profilercorporat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> We already use the meta tags for errors and don't get any when the
> file is not what we expect.
> Looking at line 338:
>
> doc.open();
> doc.write(xhr.responseText);
>
> It would make sense to do a sanity check here for the content of the
> response. If GWT put it's MD5 somewhere in the response we could do
> something like:
>
> if( ! xhr.responseText.startsWith(STRONGNAME) ) {
>    // call the meta error function noting malformed cache.html
> }
>
> Thoughts?

Is it malformed, or missing? The MD5 value is the STRONGNAME. Whether
you can reproduce that hash is another matter; which algorithm means
another trip through the source. If you can recalculate the hash,
you'd simply compare that value to STRONGNAME. But you'd never get a
chance to calculate the hash since the file's only partially received.

I'm under the impression that the file's missing. In which case I'd
implement a watchdog timer in that routine. I'm guessing that Google
doesn't implement a such a timer because there's no single
implementation that would fit all circumstances.

After reviewing the source, the onerror function doesn't get called
when you need it for this particular issue.

Please try the cross-site linker.

I'm guessing others haven't seen this since it's specific to these
firewall settings? Or are these separate customers with different
firewalls? I have seen on this list a very difficult to reproduce
issue regarding RPC cargo getting truncated on the trip to the server.
But, obviously, that's after loading the script.