Nathan Wells wrote:
> Using absolute positioning:
>
> This method requires that (1) the container must have dimensions set
> (i.e. "width: x% or px or whatever"). (2) the child box has
> position:absolute set.
> If the above are true, you simply set the left, right, top, bottom,
> width and height attributes of the child. Note that IE will give you
> some problems sometimes with some of this setup...

That's what I did, eventually, but this is requiring me to do layout
actively in a resize callback. I'd rather not do this as it's slow and
clunky.

It seems fundamentally to be really hard to do top-down layout using CSS
(where the size of each object is constrained by the object it's
contained within). This leads to endless problems with full-screen
layouts. I've already discovered the bug where ScrollPanels just don't
work properly if they're a child of certain other widgets (such as a
DeckPanel).

Are there any known ways to solve this kind of issue?

│
│ "They laughed at Newton. They laughed at Einstein. Of course, they
│ also laughed at Bozo the Clown." --- Carl Sagan