2009/9/9 Alexander Cherednichenko <lex...@gmail.com>

> Problem in having static content and enriching it with gwt is that
> you'll need to create application for each page (if they are
> different) and app creation in GWT is fairly overheaded. Also, you'll
> need to have gwt app bootstrap on each page load, which is no good.

Not true. You can keep your content in HTML pages on the server and fetch it
as needed. You then link these pages to create a non-JS site which is
crawlable. If you name the pages after the history token you would use in
the GWT site, then a) you can write a generic function to get the page and
b) you can write a JS script to redirect JS-enabled visitors who click on a
search link to the right place in the GWT app.

E.g. of you search Google for 'GWT DockPanel' my site's link is '
examples.roughian.com/Panels__DockPanel.htm' but if you click on the link,
you end up at 'http://examples.roughian.com/index.htm#Panels~DockPanel'.
The initial payload for the site is about 30% of what it would be if the
text were included, and I can update it without a recompile.

Ian

http://examples.roughian.com