Hello Thomas,

Do you have Hibernate working with annotations?  If you don't have an
cfg.xml file set up and mapping files, Hibernate will not work.  You
are also attempting to call spring classes inside of GWT which will
not work.

I created a "Domain" package that serves as the in-between for your
shared client/server data classes that are passed via RPC.

In your .gwt.xml file for your project you need to add <source
path="domain" /> to the file to tell GWT that it can use those classes
as well as the "client" package.

Now you have the problem with serializing Hibernate object from client/
server.  Gilead is what I am using, there are other ways to do this
but Bruno did a great job creating the lib.  Basically the Hibernate
objects that are generated are too complex to be converted to js
objects so Gilead takes the nasty work out of the conversion.

Take a look at which core java libraries can be converted to js by
GWT.  Anything else will fail for the most part so don't try to
include it in your client code.  The server package will allow you to
do anything you want java-wise.

HTH,
Rob