Thanks Davis !

Yes,I saw the Bug u have reported.

I tried with gwtlib.jar and sample code  given for this in the link
http://code.google.com/p/gwtlib/
They use PagingTable and write the comparator code for sorting...
The approach is same as you have suggested...

So now i have to decide weather to go for PagingScrollTable of
incubator or PagingTable of gwtlib :)

Thanks!!