I'm going to production with PagingScrollTable from incubator.  I wrote some
unit tests around it and have had no issues with it, but more importantly,
I've had this app running live for several months in a dev/test environment,
and it has worked flawlessly across browsers (IE 6, 7, 8, Firefox 3.*,
Chrome).

I'm using it to present the results of a search page.  You search for, let's
just say a person by last name, GWT-RPC fetches the results from Oracle and
returns an ArrayList, and I shove it into the PagingScrollTable.  We've been
hammering it pretty good, and so far, it has worked great.

Regards,
Davis

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Open eSignForms <yoz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What are people's impressions of these widgets in production use?  It
> seems I've read a lot of negative stuff about PagingScrollTable, and
> it's clear that sorting does not work, which is funny when you run
> their demo since it touts sorting, yet not a single column sorts
> correctly.
>
> I've not had a chance to play with gwtlib's PagingTable, but am a bit
> concerned the version release is 0.1.6, which sounds far from being
> production ready, and the last update was May 2, so clearly there's no
> real work effort moving it forward.  So, is it really 0.1.6, or does
> it work well enough that it's really 1.0 at least?
>
> It is surprising that such tables are not part of GWT core yet.  This
> is one of the most common widgets needed for most data-centric apps.

Zeno Consulting, Inc.
home: http://www.zenoconsulting.biz
blog: http://zenoconsulting.wikidot.com
p: 248.894.4922