This is from the spring page you linked:

Not all JPA providers impose the need of a JVM agent (Hibernate being an
example). If your provider does not require an agent or you have other
alternatives (for example applying enhancements at build time through a
custom compiler or an ant task) the load-time weaver *should not* be used.

This really is more of a hibernate/spring/maven config issue.  Apologies to
the list...

Are you using JpaTemplate?  I have a blog post here that shows how to setup
JPA with Hibernate/Spring: http://zenoconsulting.wikidot.com/blog:8 -- you
might find it helpful.  I don't use a load-time weaver.

--
Zeno Consulting, Inc.
home: http://www.zenoconsulting.biz