My compiles are getting slower and slower (4 mins currently).
It's a not a huge app, master detail input forms, grids, tabs, menubar
and status bar, one servlet, ca 10 RPC calls. Third party grid,
compiled separetly. Common classes in a separate project, compiled
separetly.

WinXP SP3,
AMD Athlon Dual Core,
2.71 GHz,
7200 rpm disks

Could someone please share a hardware setup that you are happy with ?
Getting compiles down to at least 1 minute would be nice...
Would a recent and decent Dell Precision model reduce the compile
time ?

(I know that splitting the project into smaller parts is also part of
a total solution, but currently I'm mainly interested in what can be
achieved with hardware)