Hi All

I should really know by now, that the Internet is a wonderful, wonderful thing!

On the page I quoted:

http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/GWT_2_0_RC

there is a comment, currently second from bottom, on November 23rd by
"a.revolution.ultra.blue", which states, in response to another
comment that has the same problem the people in this tread are having:

--BEGIN---
YES! You CANNOT use the google g-icon "web app run menu", you need a
plain jane java application runner, with main class
com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode??

Make sure you have the usual program arguments for a gwt project; mine
are: -port 7777 -startupUrl / ai.yx.xSeed

I have / set to a welcome servlet in web.xml, and my gwt project is ai.yx.xSeed

If you want to use appengine, you will also need to add the program
arguments and vm arguments I mentioned in the post above. ALSO, if you
do NOT use appengine, leave the working directory at default. If you
DO use appengine, add /war to whatever your default directory is... My
project xBook uses ${workspace_loc:xBook}/war

If you absolutely can't get it to go, just download ms2 from the
deprecated dl page, and you can go ahead and use the old google-plugin
launch configuration.
--ENG--

So, I am now a little further. I have a Java Application Run
Configuration that uses com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode as the Main class
and has the arguments: -port 7777 Gwt2RC2 (my project is called
Gwt2RC2).

However, i still have a problem when I run it:

[ERROR] Unable to find 'Gwt2RC2.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a
typo, or maybe you forgot to include a classpath entry for source?

I've tried fiddling with the classpath and source settings of the Run
Configuration, but so far nothing's worked. Does anyone know what I'm
doing wrong?

--
Thanks
Paul