Hi,

I'm currently looking how our existing project can be updated to GWT 2.0
when it's released, but I'm running into some trouble.

We use Eclipse with the Google plugin and currently we've got one web
project, which will be started as a web project running on an Eclipse server
runtime. This runtime can be a Tomcat or a WebSphere. We've got another
project, which contains the GWT stuff. Our GWT launch configuration is done
with the following properties:

   - Run internal server is deselected
   - The GWT URL is pointed to 'http://localhost:8080/our-app'

This worked well. We've to compile the GWT project once to JavaScript
contained in the web project. We launch the Eclipse server runtime on '
http://localhost:8080/' and then we start our hosted browser. The hosted
browser detects to module contained in the page '
http://localhost:8080/our-app' and replaces it with the stuff contained in
our GWT project.

Now I've installed GWT 2.0 RC2 and the required version of the plugin. I've
changed the GWT SDK in the project properties. The first point was, that the
text field for inserting my external URL was gone. Additionally, I got the
following Error:

Unknown argument: -style

Google Web Toolkit 2.0.0-rc2

GWTShell [-noserver] [-port port-number | "auto"] [-whitelist
whitelist-string] [-blacklist blacklist-string] [-logdir directory]
[-logLevel level] [-gen dir] [-codeServerPort port-number | "auto"] [-out
dir] [url]

where

  -noserver        Prevents the embedded web server from running

  -port            Specifies the TCP port for the embedded web server
(defaults to 8888)

  -whitelist       Allows the user to browse URLs that match the specified
regexes (comma or space separated)

  -blacklist       Prevents the user browsing URLs that match the specified
regexes (comma or space separated)

  -logdir          Logs to a file in the given directory, as well as
graphically

  -logLevel        The level of logging detail: ERROR, WARN, INFO, TRACE,
DEBUG, SPAM, or ALL

  -gen             Debugging: causes normally-transient generated types to
be saved in the specified directory

  -codeServerPort  Specifies the TCP port for the code server (defaults to
9997)

  -out             The directory to write output files into (defaults to
current)

and

  url              Automatically launches the specified URL

I tried some other configuration like adding the URL as a program argument,
which brought another error.

Can anybody tell me how to configure this scenario in the correct way? Or
won't there be any possibility with GWT 2.0?

Regards

Jan Ehrhardt