You could do the following if not already done.

1. In .gwt.xml file, check for every inherit, maybe some are not required
now.
2. In build.xml, search for "-style" and remove that line. This will
ensure obfuscation.
3. Also using Fiddler/ Firebug, find out if the time being consumed is at
server or in browser. It is quite possible that the delay could be at server
side.

Regards.