Hi,

I've been playing with GWT and managed to get a basic XML request
working to response.xml.  However after reading through
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/FAQ_DebuggingAndCompiling.html#How_do_I_use_my_own_server_in_hosted_mode_instead_of_GWT%27s
I'm slightly confused as to whether or not this will allow me to run
my PHP from apache, and still be able to serve that content to the GWT
app.

When requesting response.xml ( which is just plain xml, no server side
code at all) from a jetty instance, default setup It all works...
However the app loads when -noserver is added, but the request does
not complete ( response.getStatusCode() is 0).

a)   does response.getStatusCode() ==0 mean that there was no response
at all?
b)   is there any way to get PHP content(JSON or XML) served from eg
127.0.0.1:80 where the app is intejected through the browser plugin
from 9997?  I suspect that what I'm running into is a SOP issue, but
the SOP I'm catching is not thrown/displayed

Thanks for any ideas on how to get PHP backend running.