Any further thoughts on this from anyone? It seems a lot like a
problem between Jetty (imposed by GWT) and Spring 3.0, but then how is
it possible that I am the only one/first one to face this issue? My
actual project code is very simple so I've managed to isolate the
problem down to Jetty not wanting to load an applicationContext.xml
file.

Any idea? I can put my code up if anyone can tell me what they need to
see?

Thanks,
Paul