If you want to use UIBinder, then you will have problems with 3rd
party component libraries.
No component library has official support for UIBinder (ExtGWT,
SmartGWT, ...), but smartGWT has one project which solves this, but it
is not an official one (http://code.google.com/p/uibinding-smartgwt/).

So, if you want to use UIBinder just go with core GWT widgets with
custom CSS styles.
MVP is very good practice, but the "best practices" are changing from
year to year :). Google guys are implementing in this time the Actions
(ActionManager) pattern using RequestFactory ... and everything will
be managable/generated by Spring Roo.

I'm the old school ... i'm still using MVP with GIN and event bus, but
the choise is yours.

Peter