I got the Expenses example from the repository. I stipped it down to
just the Scaffold portiong to try understanding the new architecture.
I got it running so it would put up the web page but with, obviously,
no support for actions.

Around line 80 of Scaffold.jave I enabled the line which requests user
information. It stopped working so I split the line into:

                UserInformationRequest uir =
requestFactory.userInformationRequest();
                String href = Location.getHref();
                RecordRequest <UserInformationRecord> rr =
uir.getCurrentUserInformation(href);
                rr.fire(receiver);

They all execute but at the call to 'fire' it dies with an error that
the "gwtRequest" cannot be found. This is a servlet request but I
cannot find a servlet in the code. The GaeUserInformation class would
appear to be what is needed but it isn't a servlet. Nothing else in a
'server' direcotry references user information.

Is there something new in the way of getting user information under
2.1M3 or AppEngine 1.3.6?

Any suggestions on how to proceed? This shouldn't be critical since it
isn't part of the new architecture but frustrating not to understand
what is a happening.

Rud K5RUD