On 15 sep, 07:43, Rud <rudmerr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got the Expenses example from the repository. I stipped it down to
> just the Scaffold portiong to try understanding the new architecture.
> I got it running so it would put up the web page but with, obviously,
> no support for actions.
>
> Around line 80 of Scaffold.jave I enabled the line which requests user
> information. It stopped working so I split the line into:
>
>                 UserInformationRequest uir =
> requestFactory.userInformationRequest();
>                 String href = Location.getHref();
>                 RecordRequest <UserInformationRecord> rr =
> uir.getCurrentUserInformation(href);
>                 rr.fire(receiver);
>
> They all execute but at the call to 'fire' it dies with an error that
> the "gwtRequest" cannot be found. This is a servlet request but I
> cannot find a servlet in the code. The GaeUserInformation class would
> appear to be what is needed but it isn't a servlet. Nothing else in a
> 'server' direcotry references user information.

The servlet is simply
com.google.gwt.requestfactory.server.RequestFactoryServlet; contrary
to GWT-RPC it works by reflection over the classes (the Record class
name --or is it the request class name?-- is sent over the wire,
loaded from classpath, server-side class extracted from the annotation
on the class)