On 4 nov, 11:54, Nicolas Antoniazzi <nicolas.antonia...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Very interresting Thomas. It is similar in some ways to the gwt-presenter
> project.
>
> Just a question. You says that views are singleton. I understand the reason
> (efficiency). But does not it leads to UI state problems ?
> By instance, if you call a method on your view that adds a new css class to
> an element, it means that you will have to remove it before destroying the
> PresenterActivity (if you want to reuse it later). Or do you have a special
> mechanism to handle such cases ?

Yes, presenters are responsible of "clearing things up" (either when
they start, or when they stop); it also means that, for instance, if a
"field" (or label, or whatever) is empty, it has to be explicitly
*set* to the empty value, as the previous presenter might have changed
it to another value.

And no, we haven't added anything explicit to deal with it, only
because we haven't yet met the case were it'd be needed (but we're
still very early in the project) (actually, SimplePresenterActivity
has setupView and teardownView methods, which are overridden in
PresenterActivity to call getView().setDelegate(this) and
getView().setDelegate(null) respectively, but we haven't used them for
anything else (yet))