Ok. I´ve been having a look to GAE Authentication. And there are things I
don´t understand well...
If you look at this page (
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-gae-book/wiki/Authentication), which seems to
be quite reliable, it clearly says "Although it's possible to develop App
Engine applications with custom authentication (e.g. using your own
username/password lookup, or by connecting to custom 3rd party web
services), we'll focus on OpenID".
Well, the thing is that* I do need custom authentication*. I need to
generate my own usernames and their corresponding passwords to log in. I
don´t know how to do it with GAE, but as above mentioned, it said "*it's
possible to develop App Engine applications with custom authentication*".
So the question is:
 - How do I implement custom authentication using GAE?
 - Can I use the approach used by the Expenses sample? If so, what do I have
to change/customize?
 - Using App Engine, can I use my own MySQL tables (for users and other
data)?

I know I´m a bit confused.
Thank you for your help.