No, you always get the Confirmation dialog.

Read my post carefully. I describe the correct way of doing this. You should
NOT be preventing the user from leaving the page! They would not be able to
go to your site and then decide to go to www.google.com, for example, in the
same tab and this will piss ppl off and they won't want to go to your site.

Your gwt code simply needs to check to see if they have already logged in
and then decide to NOT display the login page and instead build the site
according to the History token.

You absolutely have to do it this way. There is no work around.