Kathiravan,

I believe that a large part of the discussion in that FAQ has to do with
implementing "remember me" functionality, whereby you persist the session
information (or some hash thereof) in a cookie. I'm not using that
functionality, and so I'm simply relying on the session management provided
by regular old servlets.

I'm assuming you're asking "how do I get the User object in the session (so
RequestFactoryServlet can later find it) in the first place?"  The answer to
that is that I have a login page that uses normal GWT RPC to validate the
login (well, I'm using OpenID, which is quite a bit more complicated than
that, but the upshot is the same): in the ServiceImpl for my GWT RPC, I do
the following:

                User user = validateLoginCredentials(...)
                req.getSession().setAttribute("LOGGED_IN_USER", user);

Then I can retrieve the User object from the HttpSession in
MyRequestFactoryServlet.

Does that make sense?