Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

In our project.gwt.xml the sources look like this:
        <source path='client' />
        <source path='shared' />
Although our deploy does not contain our compiled test classes, gwt
designer also interprets test classes as part of the project and tries
to compile them (they have the same classpath). I renamed the test
package to another package and this worked. Note however that this is
just a workaround, because we would like the test package to have the
same package (to be able to use protected fields and methods).

Alan: this is exactly what we mean. We cannot startup the GWT designer
because it raises up all sorts of errors not finding any classes which
are never used client-side.

Eric: I found the "check for client classpath" but it is not on, so I
cannot turn it off ;)

Eric: you say the the GWT designer does not compile anything. Well, I
get loads of compile errors (because it tries to compile the client
and shared packages), so how can you explain that?

Thanks,
Baloe