On 8/19/2011 4:53 AM, jsg wrote:
Thanks for your insight.

However, after wrapping the setRowData() in a ScheduleDeferred like
so:

Scheduler.get().scheduleDeferred(new ScheduledCommand() {
                                                @Override
                                                public void execute() {

batchTable.setRowData(index,
Collections.singletonList(object));
                                                }
                                        });

There is no perceived change in behaviour.
I've tried wrapping the whole FieldUpdater.update() contents inside
the execute() action, but to no avail.

I'm not sitting in front of my GWT development machine,so I don't have this exactly right,but where are you calling the list.refresh() method? You've updated the backing list, but not refreshed the view (at least in the sample).